Noruwei no Mori - Norwegian Woods




I recently have watched this film. Nice pictures of Japanese nature and people. Light, wind, snow, rain, trees, rivers, grass all were parts of the narration. The film gently processes love and loyalty, dilemmas and inner conflicts of young people who discover pains and pleasures in their own lives.

My general thought was that the Japanese people are emotional, fragile and introverted. I always wondered how they could overcome all the troubles thay had in the near history. In this film I again had this influence at first. Later I have found out that the young character in the film absorbs the pain instead of forgetting it and makes himself powerful enough to live with that. I find this bravely and result of having a mature mentality.

As I am 25 since a few weeks I feel that growing up brings things like sacrifice, responsibility and more respect to the life itself. Somethings are only visible and bearable after some age I guess.

Yorumlar